The Honeysuckle Foundation for Children with Cancer is an organization dedicated to, while working in partnership with pediatric oncologists, psychologists, and social workers, improve the quality-of-life and the emotional support for children diagnosed with cancer and their families.
Goals of The Honeysuckle Foundation for Children with Cancer in Assisting Children and their Families:
- To support and assist psychosocial programs, specifically targeting and identifying the needs and issues faced by both children with cancer and their families.
- To bring an awareness to the emotional issues faced by children and families dealing with cancer, and to assist in the development of and implementation of 'family friendly' cancer programs.
- To provide resources as incentives for children undergoing chemotherapy and other various medical procedures.
- To work in conjunction with local schools and hospital personnel to provide educational programs for school personnel and students to increase understanding of the disease, and to encourage social support for patients and siblings, both during treatment and post-treatment.
- To raise public awareness of pediatric cancer and the social and emotional impact is has not only upon the family itself, but on the community.
24kt Cupcake Challenge
The Let Gold Be Told project, part of The Honeysuckle Foundation for Children with Cancer, challenges all bakers to make a difference this September.
Order your cupcake kit, which includes 24 gold baking cups, pearlized gold mix sprinkles and a commemorative Honeysuckle gold ribbon pin. Once you have your kit, add your best cupcake recipe (baked in the gold cups), frosting, and decorate using the gold sprinkles and whatever else you want! Post your best and original designs on our Facebook and/or Twitter page and show your support for kids with cancer!
Kits cost $24.