The Honeysuckle Foundation for Children with Cancer is an organization dedicated to, while working in partnership with pediatric oncologists, psychologists, and social workers, improve the quality-of-life and the emotional support for children diagnosed with cancer and their families.
Goals of The Honeysuckle Foundation for Children with Cancer in Assisting Children and their Families:
- To support and assist psychosocial programs, specifically targeting and identifying the needs and issues faced by both children with cancer and their families.
- To bring an awareness to the emotional issues faced by children and families dealing with cancer, and to assist in the development of and implementation of 'family friendly' cancer programs.
- To provide resources as incentives for children undergoing chemotherapy and other various medical procedures.
- To work in conjunction with local schools and hospital personnel to provide educational programs for school personnel and students to increase understanding of the disease, and to encourage social support for patients and siblings, both during treatment and post-treatment.
- To raise public awareness of pediatric cancer and the social and emotional impact is has not only upon the family itself, but on the community.
Yankee Candle Fundraising Sale
The Honeysuckle Foundation for Children with Cancer Yankee Candle fundraising sale runs September 1st through September 30th! Please click on the link and start your holiday shopping! 40% of all sales are donated to The Honeysuckle Foundation for Children with Cancer. Please use group number 990056317 when you order.
Sign up as a Seller and invite all your family and friends to shop online. The holidays are upon us, give Yankee Candles as your gift of choice while helping kids with cancer!
Click here for more info.