Personal contact information we collect and what we do with it
When you are making a donation, purchasing a product, expressing an interest in referring a child, contributing to our guest book, or subscribing to our online newsletter, we ask you for personal contact information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address. We will use this contact information to provide you with information or resources you have requested, such as information about the HONEYSUCKLE FOUNDATION FOR CHILDREN WIITH CANCER ("HFFC" or "Foundation" interchangeably), a receipt, or a financial report, or we will use your information to contact you to clarify or verify other information, such as an order you placed, a donation you made, or a child that you have referred.
We will not add your name and contact information to any mailing lists without your express permission. In other words, we will always ask you before adding you to a mailing list. If we do not ask, you will not be added. If you have asked to be added to one of our mailing lists, such as our e-mail newsletter list or regular mailing list, then you may receive from us news about the HFFC and information on how you can support the organization's mission.
Personal contact information is not shared with any organization outside of the HFFC and our agents (reputable companies we use for services, such as shipping HFFC products or sending HFFC mail). In some cases, when you wish to refer a child, make a donation, or ask for local information, your contact information may be passed on to your local chapter. Local chapters will not add you to their mailing lists unless you have expressly asked to be added.
Personal billing information we collect and what we do with it
In addition to personal contact information, we ask for billing information, such as your billing address and credit card number, when you make a donation or purchase a product. We use secure servers to gather and process your billing information. These secure servers are hosted by our agent WWWebTek, Inc. which is bound by our site policies. Your billing information is not shared with any other organizations, and your credit card number is not retained once your transaction has been authorized and processed.
Other contact information we collect and what we do with it
In some instances, we ask for contact information for people other than yourself - for example, e-mail addresses of friends to whom you wish to send a copy of one of our pages or the mailing address of someone you wish to have us notify of a donation you have made. Such contact information is not added to any mailing list nor is the information shared with any other organization. Collecting such information for our own use is called prospecting. The HFFC does not prospect.
How to view or change your information
With the exception of credit card numbers, which are not retained, you can view and request changes to all the information you have given us, including any mailing lists you may be on, by contacting us one of two ways:
Send a letter to:
HFFC Attention: Donor Care
P.O. BOX 1491
Melville, NY 11747
E-mail us at: email@example.com
Your IP address, cookies, and plug-ins
For each visitor to our Web site, our Web server automatically recognizes the visitor's IP address (no personally identifiable information, such as e-mail addresses, are automatically recognized by our server). We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site. Your IP address may also be used to gather broad demographic information. Occasionally, we may use session cookies to improve content, provide easier access, and understand how visitors use our Web site. Session cookies are also used to support our e-commerce pages. These cookies persist on your system for the duration of your browser session only. Our Web site does not offer stand-alone or plug-in applications that report individually identifiable information back to us or to any other organization.
Links to other sites
With respect to children, the HFFC only collects personally identifiable contact information from children who are referring themselves to HFFC. We do not share it in any other way or with any other third parties. We do not give the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information on our Web site.
Financial transactions and our secure servers
All financial transactions on our Web site, specifically online donations and online purchases, are managed through our agent WWWebTek, which is GeoTRUST certified. All transactions use an encrypted channel, take place on secure servers, and occur in real time. No financial data, such as your credit card number, is transferred via a less-secure channel, such as encrypted e-mail, for processing. Moreover, once your transaction has been completed, your credit card number is not retained.
By viewing and/or using this Web site, you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions explained below.
- This World Wide Web site with its home page in the domains honeysucklefoundation.org and WWWebTek, Inc. is a complimentary information service offered by the HFFC at no charge to you as a user of the World Wide Web, with the express condition that you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this User Agreement. HFFC reserves the right to change these terms and conditions any time, and you must consult the most recent version of this User Agreement (not an older cached version) each time you view the Website. Do not use the Website if you do not agree to all of the following terms and conditions.
- You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth under the Service Marks, Copyright, and Hyperlinks sections of this Site Notice.
- You acknowledge that the information on the Web site is provided "as is" for general information only. The Foundation makes no warranties of any kind regarding this Web site, including but not limited to any warranty of accuracy, completeness, currency, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or any warranty that these pages, or the server that makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
- You agree that you will hold harmless HFFC and its officers, directors, and employees from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, this Web site or the information contained in this Web site or other websites to which it is linked, including but not limited to claims that you have found something you have heard, viewed, or downloaded from this Web site or another Web site to which it is linked to be obscene, offensive, defamatory, or infringing upon your intellectual property rights. In no event will HFFC or the contributors of information to this Web site be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special, or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- You acknowledge that opinions and recommendations contained in this Web site are not necessarily those of The Foundation or endorsed by The Foundation.
- The Foundation may provide links on the Web site to other Web sites which are not under the control of The Foundation. These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by The Foundation of the organization or individual operating the Web site or a warranty of any type regarding the Web site or the information on the Web site.
- This Web site (excluding linked sites) is controlled by The Foundation, which is headquartered in the State of New York, United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as United States Territories and other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of New York, by accessing this Web site both you and the Foundation agree that the statutes and laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflicts of law principles thereof, will apply to all matters arising from or relating to use of this Web site. You and The Foundation also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Supreme Court of the State of New York in and for the County of Suffolk, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York with respect to such matters. The Foundation makes no representation that materials on the Web site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Web site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
The works of authorship contained in this Web site, including but not limited to all design, text, and images, are owned or licensed by the HFFCand may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, rented, sublicensed, altered, stored by subsequent use, or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without our prior written consent, except that you may make such temporary copies in a single computer's RAM and hard drive cache as are necessary to browse the Web site, and you may make one permanent printout of each page of the Web site (unmodified in form, with a copy of this Site Notice attached) to be used by you for personal and non-commercial uses that do not harm the reputation of the HFFC.
You may provide a hypertext link to this Web site on another Web site, provided that:
(a) the link must be an active, text-only link (you may NOT use our logo without prior written approval) clearly marked "HFFC(R) of America";
(b) the link must "point" to the URL "http://www.honeysucklefoundation.org" and not to other pages within the Web site;
(c) the link, when activated by a user, must display this Web site full-screen and not within a "frame" on the linked Web site;
(d) the appearance, position, and other aspects of the link may not be such as to disparage the HFFC or its services, damage or dilute the goodwill associated with the HFFC's name and service marks, or to create the false appearance that an entity other than the HFFC is associated with or sponsored by the HFFC;
(e) the link will not appear on pages including content which the HFFC of America finds in its sole discretion to be objectionable or which includes obscene, pornographic, violent, intolerant, tasteless, denigrating or sexually oriented content or materials; and
(f) the HFFC of America reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time in its sole discretion by amending this Site Notice. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for keeping up with any such changes.
All other hypertext links to this Web site must be approved in writing by the HFFC of America. Inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of a hyperlink does not indicate or create any endorsement, approval, sponsorship or affiliation of or with your website by the HFFC. This permission to hyperlink is provided without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title of non-infringement.
The HFFC of America reserves the right to take action against any use of its service marks or any links to its website that do not conform to the conditions herein, or that infringe any intellectual property or other rights of the HFFC.
HFFC Attention: Donor Care
P.O. BOX 1491
Melville, NY 11747